Born in the Philippines and raised in Singapore, singer-songwriter Marian Carmel has an innate ability to evoke emotions. Her ethereal vocals breathe life into the melancholic nature of her songs and are influenced by the soulful R&B tunes of Emily King, Lianne La Havas, and Sabrina Claudio.
- Marian Carmel – Solo artist
- The 23-year-old has collaborated with many artists around the globe, including Japanese electronic-pop outfit Tokimeki Records, Boston-based Singaporean singer-songwriter LEW, and Indonesian electro-jazz duo Mantra Vutura. Her debut solo single, an upbeat track called ‘Might Never Get Better’, was released in late-2019, and debuted on 10 Spotify-curated playlists all over the world.
- Marian’s first release was ‘Thursday’, a feature co-written and performed with Axel Brizzy. On top of being dubbed “Best Song to Sing Along to” at the Singapore Youth Music Awards 2019, the tune has garnered close to a million streams on Spotify.
- In 2016, Marian was a mentee in Singapore’s Noise Music Mentorship Programme under the guidance of Jack Ho of Jack&Rai, and has participated in competitions such as MTV Asia’s Project: Aloft Star where she was flown to Bangkok, Thailand to compete in the Top 5 Final; and Yamaha Asian Beat, where she emerged as the 1st Runner Up in Singapore.
- Most recently, Marian participated in The Great Singapore Replay: Season 2, a talent development programme presented by Temasek Holdings, where Marian worked with established artists and producers such as Charlie Lim and Evanturetime. She came out of the programme with an original song ‘Still Here’, which crosses lyrics echoing Singapore’s colonial history with an indie sound.
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MarianCarmelMusic
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mariancarmelmusic/
- Twitter: URL
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org