VP of Music Festival
Austin, TX, USA
- James Minor is the VP of Music Festival at SXSW, which is the largest music festival of its kind in the world, with 2,000 acts from 66 foreign countries performing at 90+ venues in 2019.
- Minor has a diverse background, with over 20 years in the industry, having worked in artist management, tour booking and managing, as well as talent buying and management for noted venues in both Austin, TX and NYC. He is a known advocate for up and coming talent and has spoken around the world at conferences including Primavera Pro (Spain), MU:CON (South Korea), Golden Melody Awards (Taiwan), MIDEM (France), Waves Vienna (Austria), ADE (Amsterdam) and was the keynote speaker at Pop-Kultur Berlin (Germany).
South By Southwest or SXSW dedicates itself to helping creative people achieve their goals. Founded in 1987 in Austin, Texas, SXSW is best known for its conference and festivals that celebrate the convergence of the interactive, film, and music industries. The event, an essential destination for global professionals, features sessions, showcases, screenings, exhibitions, and a variety of networking opportunities. SXSW proves that the most unexpected discoveries happen when diverse topics and people come together.
Intention(s) of attending:
- Look for artists and musical talent
- Connect with other music professionals/delegates
Type of Company / Business:
- Live Show Business:
- Conference & Showcase Festival